American Airlines (AA) headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas is the Major Airline of United States and the World's largest airline in terms of fleet size, revenue, scheduled passengers carried and flown and number of destinations travelled domestic and international.
Founded: founded on April 15, 1926; 91 years ago and commenced its operation from June 25, 1936.
Alliance: Founding member of One World Alliance.
Alliance partners for coordinating fares, schedules and services: British Airways, Iberia, and Finnair in the transatlantic market
Cathay Pacific and Japan Airlines in the transpacific market.
Independent and subsidiary carriers operate under the brand name of American eagle for regional services.
American operates out of 10 hubs which are majorly located as below:
Hubs: Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) (Largest passenger carrying hub)
HUBS FLIGHTS DESTINATIONS
Dallas Fort Worth 804 216
Charlotte, NC 664 161
Chicago O’Hare 498 122
Philadelphia 400 112
Miami 350 130
Phoenix 299 91
Washington 250 60
Los Angeles 225 70
New York (LGA) 173 38
New York (JFK) 105 49
Tulsa International Airport (TUL) (location for major maintenance base)
AAdvantage is the frequent-flyer program for American Airline. It remains the largest frequent flyer program with over 67 million members.
Toll Free: 800-433-7300 (US) // 124-256-7222 (India)
Each passenger is allowed to take one carryon and one personal item with them to the plane.
• Dimension: 22 x 14 x 9 inches / 56 x 36 x 23 centimeters (including handles and wheels) and must fit in the sizer at the airport
• Dimension: 18 x 14 x 8 inches (45 x 35 x 20 cm ) and must fit under the seat in front of you or the overhead bin.
• Basic Economy customers traveling within the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean are only allowed 1 personal item. All other bags must be checked.
American Airline checked baggage allowance is:
• Dimension: 62 in / 158 cm
• Weight: 50 lbs / 23 kgs
• For First / Business Class, weight is 70 lbs / 32 kgs
Baggage fee is based on travel date and destination.
For checked baggage charges, queries related to restricted items , liquids, injections and medications, over weight and over size bags kindly refer to American airlines website or call us at _________________.
American Airlines ensure that all customers travel comfortably. For customers needing special assistance, it is important to call and notify at the time of booking the flight or at least 48 hours prior to the flight.
• Wheelchair assistance
• Traveling with a Service animal
• Traveling with a portable oxygen concentrator (POCs)*
• Hearing assistance
• Vision assistance
• Cognitive and developmental assistance
• Special seating
• Customers that need extra space